Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I am not my TRIBE.I am KENYAN.



Oh, so you are Kilonzo...Mkamba...?
An innocent question right? WRONG.
What does my tribe have to do with my
Potentials? Failures? Achievements?
These stereotypes grate me to the marrow.
You hear of a heist and the immediate thought is...Kikuyu's are involved.
Or a bar brawl and conclude these Luo's and fights.
Pirates ring Somali.
Plus many other tribal comparisons...many at times it’s an individual who has messed up but the whole clan is smeared with the iniquity.

I don’t know about you but this has got to STOP.
How?
It starts with Me, You and US.
Let us the youths create awareness to our peers, parents and community that:
NO TRIBE IS SUPERIOR.
We are Kenyans and this is what is very important.
Our diversity is supposed to unite us.
We are ONE out of MANY.

Unless we put aside our tribal differences, we will always experience the hate speeches lined with sarcasm, suspicion and disunity.
A time bomb
Reflect on Rwanda’s genocide.

TUACHE UKABILA.
In any case when it rains does it recognize anyone by its tribe or affiliation?
It drenches all equally.


Question: Wewe ni mkabila gani??
Answer: MIMI NI MKENYA

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?